Entry Visas

Student Manuals » Short-Term Student Manual » Before You Come » Entry Visas

Obtaining Tourist Visas

A list of countries from which citizens are exempt from obtaining a visa prior to entering Israel can be found on the website of the Ministry of Tourism. If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you will be issued a 3-month tourist visa (B-2) at passport control in Ben Gurion International Airport upon arrival in the country. If you enter Israel via one of the overland international border crossings from Egypt or Jordan, you will also be issued a 3-month tourist visa (B-2). This visa will be adequate for your period of study at JUC.

If you are a citizen of a country that is not listed as exempt from obtaining a B-2 Tourist Visa on the Ministry of Tourism’s website, you must apply for and receive a visa from the nearest Israeli Embassy or consulate prior to arriving in Israel. Please contact JUC's North American Office for details.

Your passport should be valid for six months beyond the date that you are planning on returning to your home country.